A span>lbrook Inn is located in what was one of the 7 American military bases for the defense of the Panama Canal, it had 311 hectares and was built in 1922 in the area of Balboa, this military base received the Albrook name in honor of the 1st commander Frank Albrook. In 1924, was called Albrook Field. Here was the first commercial airport located in the old Canal Zone between 1924 and 1961. Also served as the base for the US Air Force so it was used as a military base for warplanes between 1943 and 1989 and hosted the "Inter-Academy Air Force, where more or less 26000 Latin American pilots were trained.
In 2000 Panama takes control of the the Panama Canal and all the american military bases. The panamanian government and private investors have developed residential areas and commercial areas, this is the case of Albrook. Before reaching the hotel you can see beautiful remodeled houses which were originally occupied by military personnel.
The Albrook Inn Hotel building was originally the Guest House for single officials. The building was remodeled, becoming the first hotel in the metropolitan area where the guest live direct contact with the nature and fauna. The hotel was designed especially for visitors who want to enjoy their stay in Panama away from the bustle of the city but close to it.